Translate

Sunday, July 03, 2005

How To Demand A Pay Raise

The Honorable U.S. Rep. Dale Gribble (R-Arlen) demonstrates.

The House on Tuesday agreed to a $3,100 pay raise for Congress next year — to $165,200 — after defeating an effort to roll it back.

....

"It's not a pay raise," said House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas. "It's an adjustment so that they're not losing their purchasing power."



Mmm-kay. If the Democrats can't beat this into the ground with all the repetitive ferocity of the infamous "I voted for spending on the war before I voted against it", and send this corrupt, sanctimonious sack of shit back to his glory hole once and for all, then they deserve to lose, and we might as well check out Canadian real estate while the Rapture Party completes their sacred job of lawn-darting God's Favoritest Country Ever.


[Via Talking Points Memo.]

3 comments:

Craig Heath said...

Whoo boy! I'll try that line on my boss:

"I'm not asking for a pay raise. I'm asking for an adjustment so I don't lose my purchasing power"

I suspect I'd be just one step closer to losing my "purchasing power" - entirely

But then again, I don't have the authority to vote my own raise. Isn't that some kind of Anarcho-Syndicalism?

Heywood J. said...

Yeah, I've always said that politics is the only occupation where the employee can tell the boss to eat shit and bark at the moon, and not only does he not get fired, he gets a raise.

The secret is to hoist a flag, speak in code, and use the retro-fascist handshake. Learn the magick (note Crowleyan orthography) words and the boss is like putty in your greedy little hands.

Or, you could just go into politics and water the carrots on a regular basis. Done deal.

Anonymous said...

Tiket Pesawat Murah | Sari Jahe | Promo | Info Promo Diskon Hari Ini | Diskon | Promo Diskon | Harga Tiket Pesawat | Temulawak | Photo Prewedding | UPVC WINDOW | Kamera CCTV | Jual CCTV | Pasang CCTV | Minuman Suplemen | Tiket Pesawat Murah | Harga Tiket Pesawat | Tiket Pesawat Online

Ultrabook Notebook Tipis Harga Murah Terbaik | Harga Notebook | Ultrabook Notebook Tipis Harga Murah Terbaik | Harga Notebook | Kim Kardashian Bugil | wallpaper lucu | Ultrabook Notebook Tipis Harga Murah Terbaik | Info Terkini | Ultrabook Notebook Tipis Harga Murah Terbaik | Harga Notebook



Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, youve covered so many bases. Great stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog.