Translate

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Wake Me Up Before You MoDo

The fact that Maureen Dowd still writes for what is still considered this nation's flagship newspaper is an indictment both of the condition of our corporate media and of our collective willingness to allow idiots to do jobs that should be done by rational people. Seriously, between her, Bobo, Douthat, and Friedman, one could reasonably get the idea that "meaningless, dithering equivocation" is literally part of the job description.

I don't have the gut to willingly read any of those folks, but on the rare occasions I do, I always come away with the same sensation I get when watching, for example, the head coach of a winless, incompetent NFL team on the sideline during a game, in the middle of a 55-0 blowout:  I could do better than that, and for a lot less money. 

No comments: