Translate

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Boogers Is Tasty



Important decision about to be made -- eat or flick?

I remember my first beer:

LANCASTER, Pa. - Give the man a microphone and he'll talk about anything. For 76 minutes, [Junior] prowled the stage Wednesday in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country, giving a speech and answering questions about everything from his opposition to tax increases to his veto of a bill to expand children's health insurance.


Yeah well, you can field just about any question on any subject when your only answer is to surf incoherently on a nose-picking symphony of boilerplate, homilies, and (hopefully) invented anecdotes.

He offered a pointed description of his job.

"My job is a decision-making job. And as a result, I make a lot of decisions," the president said.

He elaborated on that point later.

"I delegate to good people. I always tell Condi Rice, `I want to remind you, Madam Secretary, who has the Ph.D. and who was the C student. And I want to remind you who the adviser is and who the president is.'

"I got a lot of Ph.D.-types and smart people around me who come into the Oval Office and say, `[Dude who clears tumbleweeds], here's what's on my mind.' And I listen carefully to their advice. But having gathered the device (sic), I decide, you know, I say, `This is what we're going to do.' And it's `Yes, sir, [Mister Man].' And then we get after it, implement policy."


With this kind of rigorous decision-making process, it's no wonder we are where we are. But shit, is he retarded, or does he assume that we are? As usual, probably both.

Still, the same tired-ass stories every freakin' time, man, like he's proud of that shit. "Heh-heh, see, ya studied hard 'n' played by the rules 'n' lurned lots 'n' lots of heavy stuff -- an' yer still workin' for a guy like me! Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh!"

It's all about him and his wittle ego, isn't it? It's about smarter, more qualified people having to be deferential to him and his gut, never mind that there is no university management program on the planet -- especially Harvard's -- that tells you to just go with your gut at the expense of all countervailing empirical evidence and analysis. He'll show 'em all; nobody can tell him nothin'.

Well, he's your preznit, Lancaster, that's why he's there, so choke on it.


The PhD and the C student consult on a weally big decision.

No comments: