Translate

Saturday, August 23, 2008

House Bunny

You know, I also dig me some Anna Faris, who is hot and funny, and generally a plus to whatever project she's in. (I definitely agree on Just Friends, a movie that I would normally detest, but is actually a lot of fun. Plus, Amy Smart. And Ryan Reynolds, if Pajiba is any indication, seems to have initiated a scary number of mancrushes with that movie. I'm not going there, but he does look like he's having fun with a rom-com.)

But The House Bunny looks like one of those things where Faris is the only decent thing about it, otherwise a pastiche of Revenge of the Nerds scenes. At least the reviews have been fun to read, and in a couple weeks the in-laws will visit and we can go check out Tropic Thunder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch Tropic Thunder, but don't get your hopes too high about it. That's what I did, for I read a lot of reviews before I went to see it. It's funny alright, but they could have done better. Jack Black is underemployed in the movie, and occasionally the pace gets real slow for no good reason. Tom Cruise is really funny, though, and I think he does a lot to wash off some of the creepy wackiness he's become associated with. Robert Downey Jr. may be the true revelation of this movie; the guy's not to be missed. Have fun watching the thing.

Heywood J. said...

Cool, thanks Marius. I've heard that Cruise is very good in Tropic, and am looking forward to that almost as much as for Downey, whose career resurrection has been great to see. A little Jack Black goes a long way for me, though I liked him in High Fidelity, and he's pretty creepy in his bit part in Bob Roberts.