Translate

Monday, November 10, 2008

A Man, A Plan, A Banana Hammock

So as my job winds down at the end of the month (don't worry, I have résumés out and interviews lined up, and a couple prospects that I'm enthused about), I'm thinking about novel ways to supplement my income via the intartubez. I'm not comfortable with simply hitting folks up for money in exchange for listening to me bellyache; I gotta give 'em something of value, something they can take with them.

As we all know, there are two predominating revenue models in the virtual world, which may be used exclusively or in conjunction to varying degrees -- the advertising model and the subscription model. Let's say my virtual product is a webcam featuring me sitting around in a speedo, playing guitar and drinking beer. It's what I do a good chunk of the day anyway, I might as well get paid for it.

The secret is to find unusual colors and patterns for the speedos, for example Wednesday could be plaid day and Saturday leopard print day. Then finding that sweet spot, that price-point equilibrium in each type of revenue model, for such a unique product/service. I mean, Elisabeth Hasselbeck presumably gets paid for whatever it is she does, there's gotta be a market for this kinda crap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take it you'll be wearing cowboy boots to go with those leopard-themed Speedos. Just don't don a leather jacket with that outfit. You don't wanna go there.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Heywood, but I just had to share. Check out the top two posts.

No need to thank me, bro, I know you'd do the same for me.