Translate

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Halftime Observations

  • Both QBs have been surprisingly inefficient, making bad throws, committing turnovers in the red zone, and generally having the happy feet.

  • Several receivers slipping on the field. Was there a rainstorm last night in Jacksonville?

  • Even though I picked New England to win 37-24, I tend to root for the underdog, so it's been cool to see Philly stay competitive and not make too many costly mistakes.

  • Belichick, like most great coaches, has a real knack for making halftime adjustments. Lito Sheppard has been playing aggressive, trying to stay up and beat the screen, and leaving the outside WR open. I'm just sayin'.

  • I'm sure Sir Paul will be requisitely polite, professional, and bland. I think the last halftime show I bothered to watch involved ZZ Top. One point I don't think I've seen anyone make in the past year -- there would have been no controversy if it had been Justin Timberlake's nipple. I was more put off by Kid Rock's poncho; I'm not exactly an überpatriot, but flags are not for wearing any more than they're for burning, asshole. The moralizing tenor of the nation is such that John Kerry probably could have won if he had Sista Souljah'd either of those morons (esp. Janet Jackson, obviously), but you get the feeling that he didn't even watch the game, much less the halftime show.

That's all. Enjoy the rest of the game. If the Pats keep plugging away with Corey Dillon, it'll probably make the difference.

No comments: